Omegas Plus (120 Softgels)
Certain fats are not only good for you but, in fact, essential for your health. These fats are known as essential fatty acids (EFAs), and include eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Pure Essentials Ultra Omegas Plus contains the most beneficial balance of these omega-3 EFAs, in a potent, high-grade combination.
Pure Essentials Ultra Omega Plus is a blend of pure marine lipids derived from deep sea fish, yielding a high level of EPA and DHA. These brain- and body-building lipids are essential because they can only be obtained from the diet. The body is unable to manufacture them even though they are required for critical chemical reactions.
While the average American diet is high in fat, it tends to be the “bad” kind of fat and not EFAs. In fact, the typical diet tends to be deficient in this “good for you” lipid, as foods lose EFAs through processing and exposure to air (oxygen), oxidants, and toxins (from lead and mercury to peroxides and sulfites). EFA deficiencies, therefore, have become more of the rule rather than the exception.
Pure Essentials Ultra Omega Plus gives you the essential fats you need in one formula featuring ingredients that are of the highest action and purity.
Omega-3 EFAs are required for cell membranes to achieve optimum fluidity, and to help the body have a correct balance between inflammatory and counter-inflammatory hormones. EFAs are the source of the body's potent prostaglandins, which are hormone-like substances that regulate many cardiovascular, reproductive, immune, hormonal, and nerve functions. Considering its importance, it is not surprising that EFA insufficiency is linked to many serious disease states, including:
- Cardiovascular concerns. Arteriosclerosis is characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries. Omega-3 fatty acids act as blood thinners, helping to reduce the clotting and aggregation associated with this disease. They play an important role in preventing and treating arteriosclerosis. Studies show that individuals with a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids have significantly lower rates of heart disease.
- Inflammatory / autoimmune diseases. EFAs not only prevent atherosclerosis but may also reduce the risk of autoimmune issues. Additionally, EFAs can benefit patients with inflammatory diseases, such as asthma, arthritis, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Deficiencies in EFAs have been associated with PMS. The anti-inflammatory effects of EFAs can relieve menstrual symptoms such as cramps, bloating, and nausea.
- Concentration and attention deficits. EFA deficiencies can cause irritability that reduces attention span and decrease the ability to concentrate. Appropriate levels may therefore help symptoms associated with attention deficit disorder (ADD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Scientific studies have associated an insufficient intake of omega-3 EFAs with the following: depression, memory problems, low intelligence, learning disorders, dyslexia, schizophrenia, dementia, irritability, poor vision, inattention, alcoholism, hostility, aggression, and several degenerative neurologic diseases.
Note that the ingredients are distilled and nitrogen-purged for purity and protection.
- DHA. This member of the omega-3 family converts to anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Studies indicate that DHA is especially vital to growing or repairing brain and nerve cell function by restoring omega-3 prostaglandins that repair (PGF2alpha and PGI). By far the most powerful EFA for enhancing membrane fluidity, it is the "king of omega-3 EFAs for the brain." It confers the highest degrees of membrane fluidity of all the omega-3 EFAs. It is so important for optimum brain function that in a healthy brain, 50% of the lipid content is in the form of DHA. DHA has a positive effect on diseases such as hypertension, arthritis, atherosclerosis, depression, adult-onset diabetes mellitus, myocardial infarction, thrombosis, and some cancers.
- EPA. This member of the omega-3 family increases membrane fluidity nearly to the same degree as DHA, and it seems to improve cholesterol fractions in the blood. Additionally, it has shown significant benefits for neurologic function. In combination with DHA, it has been shown to reduce the tendency of blood to clot, along with providing protective effects for the entire cardiovascular system. Use of EPA and DHA has also been shown to enhance the function of the immune system. In a Japanese study, EPA and DHA together were found to be beneficial for children with asthma.
Pure Essentials Ultra Omega Plus is available in bottles of 60 or 120 softgels. As a dietary supplement, take two (2) softgel capsules daily, or as directed by your health professional.
Two (2) Pure Essentials Ultra Omega Plus softgels provide:
Marine Lipid Oil 1650 mg
EPA (Eicosopentaenoic Acid) 660 mg
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 500 mg
Gelatin 428 mg
Lemon Oil 40 mg
Purified Water 66 mg
Glycerin 198 mg
Ergas D, et al. n-3 fatty acids and the immune system in autoimmunity. Isr Med Assoc J. 2002 Jan;4(1):34-8.
Gebauer SK, et al. n-3 fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jun;83(6 Suppl):1526S-1535S.
Nagakura T, et al. Dietary supplementation with fish oil rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in children with bronchial asthma. Eur Respir J. 2000 Nov;16(5):861-5.