Orego-Max provides a blend of three essential oils that act in synergy to promote healthy microbial balance and immune support. Formulated to support gastrointestinal flora by enhancing immune function, Orego-Max contains thyme, oregano and clove oils. These have been used for centuries to promote microbial balance and to help protect the immune system from microbial stressors.
The oregano oil used in Orego-Max is standardized to contain up to 75% carvacrol, which provides antioxidant protection and promotes healthy microbial balance. 7 In a study examining the actions of oregano oil (600 mg/day for 6 weeks) in 13 adults, showed that carvacrol promoted a healthy microflora and the positive benefits were confirmed through stool analysis.
• Helps Maintain Gastrointestinal Comfort
• Enhances Immune Function and Provides Antioxidant Protection
2. Braga, P. C., Sasso, M. D. et al. Eugenol and thymol, alone or in combination, induce morphological alterations in the envelope of Candida albicans. Fitoterapia. 2007; 78(6):396- 400.
3. Braga, P. C., Alfieri, M. et al. Inhibitory activity of thym ol against the formation and viability of Candida albicans hyphae. Mycoses. 2007; 50(6):502-506.
4. Braga, P. C., Culici, M. et al. Thymol inhibits Candida albicans biofilm formation and mature biofilm. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008; 31(5):472-477.
5. He, M., Du, M. et al. In vitro activity of eugenol against Candida albicans biofilms. Mycopathologia. 2007; 163(3):137-143.
6. Zgarwal, V., Lal, P. et al. Prevention of Candida albicans biofilm by plant oils. Mycopathologia. 2008; 165(1):13-19.
7. Chami, N., Bennis, S. et al. Study of anticandidal activity of carvacrol and eugenol in vitro and in vivo. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2005; 20(2):106-111.