Ultra Iron Plus
Supplement your diet with essential iron.
While other formulas are only 4% to 30% bioavailable, Pure Essentials Ultra Iron Plus is fully soluble and 100% bioavailable, and uses reagent grade materials, which are closest to the iron naturally. Pure Essentials Ultra Iron Plus delivers iron as aspartate, fully ionized, reduced, and fully soluble for 100% bioavailability. Constipation and intestinal irritation, a common complaint with other forms of iron, is not reported with this product.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
• High-Concentration Iron for Energy Support
• Supports Oxygen Transport and Energy Production
2. Bothwell TH, Charlton RW, Cook JD, Finch CA. Iron Metabolism in Man. St. Louis: Oxford: Blackwell Scientific, 1979.
3. Miret S, Simpson RJ, McKie AT. Physiology and molecular biology of dietary iron absorption. Annu Rev Nutr 2003;23:283-301.
4. Uzel C and Conrad ME. Absorption of heme iron. Semin Hematol 1998;35:27-34. [PubMed abstract].
5. Sandberg A. Bioavailability of minerals in legumes. British J of Nutrition. 2002;88:S281-5. [PubMed abstract]
6. Davidsson L. Approaches to improve iron bioavailability from complementary foods. J Nutr 2003;133:1560S-2S. [PubMed abstract].
7. Hallberg L, Hulten L, Gramatkovski E. Iron absorption from the whole diet in men: how effective is the regulation of iron absorption? Am J Clin Nutr 1997;66:347-56. [PubMed abstract].
8. Monson ER. Iron and absorption: dietary factors which impact iron bioavailability. J Am Dietet Assoc. 1988;88:786-90.
10. Haas JD, Brownlie T 4th. Iron deficiency and reduced work capacity: a critical review of the research to determine a causal relationship. J Nutr 2001;131:691S-6S. [PubMed abstract].