Ultra Omegas Plus
Certain fats are not only good for you but, in fact, essential for your health. These fats are known as essential fatty acids (EFAs), and include eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Pure Essentials Ultra Omegas Plus contains the most beneficial balance of these omega-3 EFAs, in a potent, high-grade combination.
Pure Essentials Ultra Omega Plus is a blend of pure marine lipids derived from deep sea fish, yielding a high level of EPA and DHA. These brain- and body-building lipids are essential because they can only be obtained from the diet. The body is unable to manufacture them even though they are required for critical chemical reactions.
While the average American diet is high in fat, it tends to be the “bad” kind of fat and not EFAs. In fact, the typical diet tends to be deficient in this “good for you” lipid, as foods lose EFAs through processing and exposure to air (oxygen), oxidants, and toxins (from lead and mercury to peroxides and sulfites). EFA deficiencies, therefore, have become more of the rule rather than the exception.
Pure Essentials Ultra Omega Plus gives you the essential fats you need in one formula featuring ingredients that are of the highest action and purity.
Omega-3 EFAs are required for cell membranes to achieve optimum fluidity, and to help the body have a correct balance between inflammatory and counter-inflammatory hormones. EFAs are the source of the body's potent prostaglandins, which are hormone-like substances that regulate many cardiovascular, reproductive, immune, hormonal, and nerve functions. Considering its importance, it is not surprising that EFA insufficiency is linked to many serious disease states, including:
- Cardiovascular concerns. Arteriosclerosis is characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries. Omega-3 fatty acids act as blood thinners, helping to reduce the clotting and aggregation associated with this disease. They play an important role in preventing and treating arteriosclerosis. Studies show that individuals with a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids have significantly lower rates of heart disease.
- Inflammatory / autoimmune diseases. EFAs not only prevent atherosclerosis but may also reduce the risk of autoimmune issues. Additionally, EFAs can benefit patients with inflammatory diseases, such as asthma, arthritis, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Deficiencies in EFAs have been associated with PMS. The anti-inflammatory effects of EFAs can relieve menstrual symptoms such as cramps, bloating, and nausea.
- Concentration and attention deficits. EFA deficiencies can cause irritability that reduces attention span and decrease the ability to concentrate. Appropriate levels may therefore help symptoms associated with attention deficit disorder (ADD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Scientific studies have associated an insufficient intake of omega-3 EFAs with the following: depression, memory problems, low intelligence, learning disorders, dyslexia, schizophrenia, dementia, irritability, poor vision, inattention, alcoholism, hostility, aggression, and several degenerative neurologic diseases.
• Inflammatory/autoimmune disease support
• Can relieve PMS symptoms
• May aid in concentration and attention
• Improves brain and body health to counter Omega 6 inflammatory fats.
Gebauer SK, et al. n-3 fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jun;83(6 Suppl):1526S-1535S.
Nagakura T, et al. Dietary supplementation with fish oil rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in children with bronchial asthma. Eur Respir J. 2000 Nov;16(5):861-5.